Sunday, July 16, 2006


Greetings in July!

Summer is flying by and I am enjoying it as much as possible. It's been an odd couple of weeks scale wise. I was up a few pounds thanks to the amazing food in Marseille as well as the crazy splurge the weekend before, then dropped 5 pounds in the past week. I'm on track to be down another 2-3 pounds by this week's weigh-in as well.

While I'm glad to still be losing, I'm more excited about the changes I'm seeing in my thought process about food and eating. Friday's outing to the bowling alley with unlimited pizza and drinks found me eating 2 thin slices, one cheese and one sausage and mushroom. Then I headed over to Subway for a salad and ate off it until I felt full. Drank diet coke and then used the water fountain to tank up on more fluids. I had a great time and didn't feel I had to eat every possible bite of pizza to make it worth the money I spent. I'm still keeping eating exciting by trying new recipes all the time and I've been eating fruits I used to frown up at: nectarines, peaches, watermelon and any berry the farmer's market has that week. I have fallen into a dessert thing with 2 point ice cream options almost every night, but even that's within the points.

Now the major issue is clothing. I'm weeding out everything that's too big or makes me look bigger because of the cut. It's an amazingly revealing process for me and my closet is shrinking fast. I actually am tired of shopping. I refuse to buy new clothes except at thrift or second hand stores unless it is severly reduced in price.

My measurements today (inches): Hips 44.5, waist 34, chest 33.25, bust 38.5, wrist 5.75, fore arm 9.75. Estimated Body fat of 32%

Off to workout before chapel!

No comments: