Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spinning

I should know better than to ever say never. I mean it's like I'm asking for things to line up and make a liar out of me. Last year, while in San Antone having a blast at night and being bored out of my mind during the day, I made some neat friends, including Ron who bikes. You know full gear, clips on the shoes, can't but you feet down to stop, etc. He was getting ready for a spinning instructor certification class and I said you'd never get my behind on one of those bikes.
Well, to make the long story short, today I actually led the spin class for our group. Our fearless leader, Missy, is on her way to another community and I couldn't let that great, twice weekly workout disappear from my schedule. So, I downloaded a bunch of her music, copied 8 of her routines, got a disco ball of my own and tonight led the class. We were all winded and sweating at the end, so it must have been good. Went to the PX afterwards and got a pink watch with a timer and back light so when I lose my glasses in the middle of the workout on Saturday (They fall off every class) I'll still be able to keep track of the time.

Never say never. And that includes the stuff about running, too!

No comments: